We've had a semi-busy week this week, but weather has forced us to cancel the last 2 trips.¬† Here's the summary:
Tuesday 7/9:¬† Ran a FTYP trip today with Larry, Fred, Tommy, Brian, Les and Gabe. Ran out to the northeast to some hard bottom and had some life early - shorts, a couple of keepers, some ling, and a whiting!¬† Once that dried up we bounced around the rough stuff, only picking one or two here or there with a couple of seabass and ling mixed in, but no great shakes.
So we made a move to the east to a hill and finally found some decent life. 3-5 keepers per drift, with shorts mixed in was what we had for the next 2 hours. We picked away, and put a real nice catch together. A good amount of fish were in the 3-5 # range, with very few "measurable" keepers, most were NMR's!
Once that dried up, we Finished up inshore on another lump, had a couple more, but the south wind made the drift a tad too fast.
When all was said and done we had 28 fluke in the box to 5.2 # (taken by Brian), 6 ling, 3 seabass and 1 whiting. Larry and Fred both had their limits, and Tommy led the way with 9 topped by a 5# fish. Real nice day for Tom! The other guys all did a nice job as well, as Brian had 4 just missing his limit.¬†
Wednesday 7/10:¬† Ran another FTYP marathon trip today.¬† Much harder S wind then yesterday and the fishing really took a hit -- we basically had a 1-2 knot drift all day long, which certainly affected the fishing.¬† Nevertheless, we Ran back to where we had them on Tuesday, but only had some shorts and a couple of keepers, one of which was an 8#er by Capt Kenny.¬† Otherwise, we had shorts, skates, sea robins, and a couple of spotted hake.¬† Ran all over thereafter, trying to find some life, wound¬†up down south, but everything was OFF.¬† Called it a day around 2 to beat the storms.
Thursday 7/11:¬† We had our ling trip today, but unfortunately, the weatherman completely blew the forecast as we had a HARD SW wind and rain most of the day.¬† If we were fluke fishing in on the beach, we would've been OK, but to make a 20 mile run offshore and get beat up out there it just wasn't worth it.¬† We are rescheduling the trip for Friday 7/26!
Friday 7/12:¬† Cancelled today's FTYP trip... NE winds 15-20 all day! Arggghhhh!!!
*All pics in gallery*